Sunday 7 April 2013

Introduction to my blog


Welcome to my blog. This blog will be about comparisons between the movie Troy by Wolfgang Peterson and the Epic Poem The Iliad by Homer. This blog will have a comparison between the great fight of Achilles vs. Hektor prince of troy and how the death of Hektor is said differently in the Iliad than the film. This blog will also have comparison of the death of Patroklos who in the movie Troy is Achilles cousin but in the Iliad is his friend. I will explain the differences of Patroklos’ death in the movie and in The Iliad. You will also discover an attempt to discuss the reasons behind Wolfgang Peterson’s movie Troy and why he did what he did. I will also explain the cultral expectations behind the Iliad and the movie Troy. I will also attempt to analyse messages in the Iliad and the movie. I will also discus themes and patterns from the Iliad and the movie troy. i will also try to discus cultural expectations and codes of behavior from the iliad and the movie. i will also try to explain the influences Homer's Iliad had on the film.   

No comments:

Post a Comment